At Kingsdown Pre-School we acknowledge the importance of building good relationships with our parents. With this in mind we endeavour to do this by:
– Keeping you well informed about your child’s progress by operating a key person system, who you can speak to at the end of any session.
– Holding regular meetings where parents are invited to speak to their child’s key person.
The Key Person System is in place to ensure that each child is cared for and treated as an individual. Each member of staff has a small group of children who they will monitor, observe and keep records for, during their time at Pre-School. This is the person who parents can liaise with and discuss any concerns or achievements as required. We would positively welcome your input to these records by telling us of events/milestones in your child’s life such as swimming without armbands, visiting new places, cooking skills etc. Photos from home would be lovely too.
Parents will be notified who your child’s Key person is by letter once your child has started Pre-School.
You are of course also welcome to speak to the Supervisors at any time about any concerns.
It would also be great if you would like to share any hobbies, skills or talents which may be linked to our weekly themes.
Once your child has started we will:
– Provide regular newsletters about topics, activities, events being held, trips and special days.
– We will use photographs in displays and in the album to record daily events, topics and trips for you to view. (All parents will be asked to sign a consent form to allow photographs of their children to be used in these displays)
– Provide information about the Pre-School through letters home, regular newsletters and an up to date notice board.
– Invite parents to special events, e.g. New Parent Welcome coffee morning, Summer Picnic and Nativity Play.